Sunday, May 24, 2009

There's Something About Mary...

So I recently discovered Hulu.com (kudos to Brewmaster Dave), which allowed me to watch a few episodes of one of the more amusing and engaging TV shows on my must-see list: Psych.  

If you haven't heard of it, the show follows Shaun Spencer, a Santa Barbara resident trained from childhood by his policeman father to be the best policeman ever.  The problem? Shaun doesn't want to be a cop.  But he can't deny the responsibility that comes with his "power", so Shaun creates a loophole, pretending to be a psychic so the SBPD will hire him as a consultant.  

It's a really, really funny show and I do highly recommend it.  It's also absolutely loaded with pop-culture references (many of them 80s pop culture references) which can add a layer of entertainment if you get them. 

Okay, now you're up to speed. And this is really mainly for the LOSTies out there.  Please watch at least the first ten or 15 minutes of the embed below.  Tell me if you can figure out who Mary is.  

It was bugging me through the whole damned episode, and I'm kind of ashamed to admit I didn't figure it out until the last 5 minutes. I really should've nailed it earlier. His voice is still pretty similar. 

Anyway, here you go:


No comments:

Post a Comment