Tuesday, March 3, 2009

M is for Magnetic

Don't really have a whole lot to say here.  I think most who would read this are on MySpace and know of my recent shenanigans.  

But just in case: I've somehow managed to break down a barrier I've had in my life for some time. See, for a long time I've been what could charitably be called an introvert.  I've tended to be quiet and maybe appear a little withdrawn.  While I have had no real problems with talking to anyone (besides the obvious sensory issues), it would be pretty rare that I would attract complete strangers and company would be mutually enjoyed.

In the last two weeks, I have noticed a change in this. 

My last blog detailed (a little too explicitly, perhaps) what happened a couple weeks ago.  Last weekend I was at various social functions and such, and somehow I've become fucking magnetic.  Moreover, I'm magnetizing people who actually seem pretty interesting and cool (unlike before, when the only type of person I could count on magnetizing was a cougar).

Friday night, Bear Brewing Company beer tasting and Joe's 30th.  I never lacked for company.  I mean, they're a friendly bunch but this was unusual.  Specifically a slender hipster girl named Jacqueline (if I remember correctly -- it was kinda noisy when she introduced herself).  That was interesting and fun. 

Went home, hit my bars.  Jamie cuddled me and kissed my neck. Can't say I didn't see that coming, but bears mentioning.

Saturday night. A long-term friend's birthday party in LA.  The prettiest girl there spent the whole evening talking to me, and others tried but at inopportune moments.  When she wasn't talking to me, other people were.  And it wasn't desultory bored conversation on either side, either. We all kept each other entertained; whereas before I'd have quickly run out of things to say and awkward silence would ensue, now I'm a bottomless well of interesting shit. Apparently.

Went home, hit my bars, where Summer danced me to the ground.  Someone else, whose name I didn't get, felt me up very thoroughly (and surprisingly. But I totally gained points with her friends and her husband by reacting with aplomb).  I also danced with Summer's boyfriend, which was pretty fucking funny. I made more friends, people I know I'll happily hang with in the future.

The greatest thing about all of this: I never once froze up or felt intimidated by the hot chicks or whatever.  I never felt self-conscious, and I never had to worry about being caught checking them out, because that just didn't enter into it.  I'm successfully not making any kind of romantic or overbearing conversational overtures on anyone, and maybe people sense that and have to fill the vacuum.  

Or maybe I've just grown up a little, these few short weeks before I turn 30, and have finally begun to become the person I should be. 

1 comment:

  1. When you stop seeking things they come to you, simple as that.
    If you have ever seen Under the Tuscan Sun it's like the whole ladybug story.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete