Sunday, December 21, 2008

B is for...

Birthdays. 

December is a big month for birthdays for me.  I don't know why the hell this should be, but a lot of people who are important to me one way or the other have a birthday in December. 

First is my ex-wife. Her birthday is December 5th.  I know, I know -- she's EX, why should she make the list now?  Well, for one thing, bygones are bygones; she and I were together 8 years and that's not something you just bury or forget about. We aren't in touch very much anymore, but on those rare occasions our paths do cross, we give each other the affection and respect that we're due. Furthermore, after 8 years there is no way I can forget that date.  It's been drilled into my forehead ever since I got it wrong just that one time...!  Ha ha. 

Next, as already covered in another blog, my good friend Ashley, on the 15th.  

Then the Venti Twins, Farrell and John, on the 20th and 21st respectively.  "Venti" because that's "twenty"... yeah, you get it. 

Like Ash, Farrell and John are MySpace friends. But that doesn't make it less a real friendship.  They would be on the short list of people I would invite to my own private island, if I had one. That list isn't very long!  I'm even invited to Farrell's wedding. Hell, I might be one of his boys backing him up at the altar. 

God, I sound like one of those giddy girls.  I only mention it to illustrate that we're good buds. It's an honor and all, but I'm a guy. It's not something I lose sleep over or anything. 

Anyway, I had a letter to name and a blog to write, and this seemed as good a subject as any. Certainly my people deserve to be acknowledged for their days.  





No comments:

Post a Comment