Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Typhoid

Once again copying my friend, not because I'm lame that way, but because shit, it's a good idea. 

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. 

It's Typhoid Ashley's birthday today. And I just had to say something about it. 

I consider her one of my best friends, even though we've lived five hours apart and have pretty much failed to close the gap for the entire time we've known each other. It's already been what, 2 1/2 years? 

It's an Internet friendship, yes. 

No, I've got real-life friends! Fuck you. She's one of my besties because our personalities complement each other that well. And she's been there for me when I needed someone and no one else was. And more than that, she was effective in her being there. She didn't just give me tea and sympathy -- she gave me good, sensible advice. Plus she was never afraid to tell me when I was being an idiot. Sometimes I needed to hear that.

I like to think I've returned the favor once or twice, in one fashion or another. Because that's what friends do. 

But that entirely aside, we've had some good times talking over the years. Ash has most definitely enriched my life with her ballsy, no-nonsense approach to life. She's also been my pop culture mentor, helping me get up to speed, which I needed pretty bad. You can't buy that kind of help. 

Well, yeah, you probably can. But I didn't have to, thanks to her. 

I already said Happy Birthday to her directly (well, online). I just wanted to underscore it with this blog; take a moment on her day to list some reasons I'm glad she's amongst us. 

Hope you had a great one, Litlbit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment