Monday, December 22, 2008

C is for...

Canada and California, the two places I've called home so far this lifetime. 

I've lived in each for approximately equal amounts of time. I'm about ready to move again, and it may well be somewhere completely different.  Hell, I could even make it another "C".  I hear Cabo San Lucas is gorgeous... 

Anyway. I miss Canada sometimes. It's colder and rains more, but that also means it's cleaner and greener, and I miss that. I also miss the fact that people in Canada (at least where I grew up) are just generally friendlier than people in California. 

It must, however, be admitted that California has a lot more hotness.  And I ain't talking about the weather.  

That's nice to watch but it's actually a constant masochistic torture, because most of that hotness ain't never gonna be MY hotness. 

It took a long time to become inured to that particular pain.  

California is also the land of sun and sand, neither of which I've really availed myself of as much as I ought.  In that I'm always on the computer for one reason or another, I have what has been brilliantly termed an "etiolated" complexion.  

Etiolated: (of a plant) pale and drawn out due to a lack of light.

There's your new word for the day. 

I don't have anyplace in particular to go with this. The two places have been my home each for 14 years or so.  In each case it's been less out of specific desire than necessity, so further significance based on place alone is senseless. But they've both got a lot of memories, good and bad.  

But mostly good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment