Sunday, February 1, 2009

Okay, seriously...

...What the HELL?!

What do the following have in common: Kristen Kreuk, Missy Peregym, Grace Park,  Emmanuelle Vaugier, Shiri Appleby, Erica Cerra, Leela Savasta (a new find for me but OMFG)?  This list just off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure there are quite a few more that should be on it.

Well, aside from half of them being relative unknowns, I consider all of them attractive (ranging from "Holy Busted Zipper, Batman" to "Yeah, I guess I'd get her number if I met her") and all of them grew up in my hometown. Many of them still work there today on American TV shows and movies.

Add to the list of Canadian actresses (these, not from Vancouver but other provinces): Sarah Carter, Ellen Page*, Emmanuelle Chriqui.  Again, short list, just off the top of my head.  

Where the hell were these women when I lived there? Seriously.  I left Canada thinking that hot Canadian women were totally a myth.  True, I left when I was 14 and some of these beauties had yet to blossom, plus I of course wasn't exactly part of a thriving singles scene, ha ha -- but still.  

I did not move to California because of the storied hot women.  I didn't, honest! But I did fully expect that to be a perk of living here.  

Well, it's not that there aren't quite a few attractive women here. It's just that most of them are in one fashion or another, entirely unsuitable. A large percentage of these are so because they are stuck up bitches.  Much of the remainder due to the fact they're already in a relationship. (Please note these two factors are in no way mutually exclusive.) Many of the nicest ones are just off the market, at least as far as I'm concerned (I'm not stupid. I know that this is a kind way of saying, "I wouldn't go out with you if you were the last straight man in Hollywood." [Which could actually be the case; it's becoming increasingly hard to tell these days.]). 

Meanwhile, back home, while I'm away, all of these girls that I would give my left nut to date are coming out of the woodwork.  Well, okay. My right nut. Except for Savasta. For that face, I'd give the left one. I know, these are the ones that made it to the screen, but with the sheer number hitting the celluloid, there have to be at least as many who aren't actresses but are as attractive.

I've mentioned this before but it's starting to get ridiculous.  Honestly, if I thought I'd have as good (or better) chances of getting properly published in Vancouver, I would be back up there in a fucking heartbeat.  I'm sure they're nicer than the vast majority of SoCal girls. They're Canadian, after all. Good manners is practically genetic, ha ha.

And look, I know how this sounds. I'm not really that obsessed with beautiful girls. That would be kind of fucked up.  But I gotta tell you, the number of good reasons to stay in Southern California in general (and Orange County in particular) are dwindling faster than an ice cube in Arizona August.  This is just another item on the "GTFO" list. 

* Note: Ellen Page makes it on here because her acting ability is un-fucking-believable. Not because she's hot or because I want to do her. Because she's a little young for me. I am not going down that road. But she's probably the most recognizable name on these lists, and she's Canadian, so she gets a mention. 

PS: This doesn't actually change my current vow to focus my attention on writing over finding and creating a relationship.  I'm merely making an observation that I'm beginning to wonder if I'm a fucking idiot for continuing to live here. 

2 comments:

  1. If you go back to Vancouver, may I go with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol on the disclaimers at the end. You totally need to just get on with your life, in ANY event!

    ReplyDelete