Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Update on the Financial Crisis

Okay first of all, I gotta say I do feel like a douche for saying I was pissed at my mom in that other blog.  Considering what an expensive little bastard I was growing up, I surely have no right to complain because she needs some monetary assistance from me.  

Then again, much of my expensiveness was paid for by my stepdad. 

Oh well. Still.  

So I've got some lines in on some job possibilities. And I'm actually getting kind of excited about the prospect of working at a Blockbuster. I don't know why. It just seems right somehow.

But here's the kicker: My mom somehow landed a part-time job that, all by itself, will solve all of her monthly money woes.  It means she'll have a little less time off, but only a little. Amazingly small change of schedule for her (although her regular job will take a bit of a hit).  So she's in the clear even without my help!

This is great news! But guess what?  I'm still gonna go for that second job.  Because A) I do owe her money anyway; B) I can use the funds from the second job to help me pay off the DUI fine much faster, to say nothing of various other debts and C) I can build up a cushion in my savings so I don't HAVE to live paycheck to paycheck AND maybe start socking away toward my own personal, private accommodations and whatnot. 

It's actually a good idea all around.  I'm making a decent wage right now, but sometimes it barely covers my shit. Sometimes, in fact, some of my shit has to go uncovered. Because more important shit had to be covered sooner. Granted, I'm lousy at managing my money, but that's all the more reason to make more of it, right. And I don't just want my existing shit covered.  I want more shit. And that shit needs to be covered, and covered well. I want that shit so covered it doesn't smell anymore.  

So yeah, having killed that analogy -- I'm all set to give away the bulk of my weeknights. I just need to convince one of the store managers to take me on. Which I feel very good about doing.

I can't believe I'm actually kinda stoked about this now...

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. Now you are one more step closer to that sex slave.... Was that you or me?

    ReplyDelete