Friday, June 12, 2009

Music Week day 5: FRIDAY


Sorry for the lack of formatting (like anyone cares, ha ha) but I forgot about this until kinda late...

Fun Friday 


Or Favorite Friday, or Freakin' Awesome Friday. Take your pick.  


I'm actually doing pretty much the same thing as Typhoid Ashley on this one: These are songs that make me want to dance.  Or in some cases, I just really like them, and a lot of them have endured innumerable replays.  


I've left quite a number out, simply because I don't know or can't (at this moment) remember titles or artists.  That frankly goes for all of the lists made this past week. 


Radiate (Dubious Mike)

Isn't it awesome I can cite a Dubious song for almost every category this week?  I think it's awesome.  


Counting Blue Cars (Dishwalla)

Got way too much airplay back in the late 90s but it somehow manages to evoke summertime imagery to me even now.


Desecration Smile (Red Hot Chili Peppers [RHCP])


Kids (MGMT)

This is one of my favorite songs now.  And I love the video. A lot. 


Young Folks (Peter, Bjorn and John)

Battle Without Honor or Humanity

Extreme Ways (Moby)

Kids With Guns (Gorillaz)

Spybreak (Propellerheads)

Such Great Heights (Postal Service)

19-2000 Soulchild Remix (Gorillaz)

Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)

By the Way (RHCP)

Cafe Mambo Mix (Syndicate)

Funky Monks (RHCP)

ABC (Jackson 5)



Everyone Else Has Had More Sex Than Me (TISM)

You've seen the video by now, I'm sure.  What's not to love? If you haven't, check it out on YouTube. You'll laugh, I can guarantee. 


Tell Me Something Good (Rufus & Chaka Khan)


Wake Up (Arcade Fire) 

This is the song on the Where the Wild Things Are trailer, in case you didn't know.  That was the first time I'd heard it, and I'll never forget it.  This is the trailer, y'all, that made Kevin Smith cry.  



Humble Neighborhood (Pink)

One Week (Barenaked Ladies)

God Shuffled His Feet (Crash Test Dummies)

Black Betty (Ram Jam)

Around the World (ATC)


I know, right? A much shorter list.  But hell, a guy can only have so many favorites.  


If anyone wants to listen to any of the songs I've listed, a lot of them are on my playlists here. Particularly the now-misnamed "September" list.


No comments:

Post a Comment