Thursday, January 1, 2009

All the cool kids are doing it

It's time for the Day One 2009 blog.  

I rang in the new year in style last night; my local bar was doing a theme party (Pimps & Hos) so I got dressed up.  I don't have any pimpin' clothes per se, but I wore my black suit with one of my blue shirts, opened the collar wide to reveal my shark-tooth necklace.  

I really wish I'd gotten some pictures. I looked pretty damned good, and it wasn't just myself saying it.  I got a lot of attention -- not all of it welcome.  But the welcome attention was very welcome indeed. 

One girl in particular really kind of blew my mind. Beautiful, smart and funny, and very comfortable in her own skin, which is a lot less common in SoCal than you might think.  She gave me my New Year's kiss, and a very good kiss it was indeed.  

She was in pretty bad shape by the end of the night, so I really hope she remembers me. Except for the part where the cougar was trying to lick my tonsils.  I really hate it when they pounce just when I've become too drunk to properly resist.  And in public.

Unfortunately I didn't get her number or give her mine (no, not the cougar, the other girl). I rather wish I had, but her descent into glassy-eyed lolling was unexpected and rapid.  A pity, but it's not unlikely we'll meet again, and then I'll rectify that. 

A different girl did get my phone number, but while this one was also mind-bendingly beautiful, I'm not sure really where that would go. She asked for my digits, I gave them to her in friendship, because we did have fun talking, but she mentioned having three kids and appeared to have a guy, so I don't know what capacity I'd be serving there. But hot damn did I enjoy looking into her eyes and watching her smile. Having beautiful friends is never a bad thing! 

Aaaaand the less said about the unwelcome attention the better.  All I'm going to say is, it was only unwelcome in the cold light of dawn after the foamy beer tide has receded.  For the first time ever, I'm thankful to a cock blocker.  I don't know who the blocker was protecting -- me or the cougar -- but I'm really glad she did. Not because the cougar was hideous or anything, but because she's a cougar. And probably cheating on someone. And her laugh makes me want to rupture my own eardrums. But most importantly, because I'm done with the one-nighters, with meaningless, empty sex. 

Which brings us quite naturally to the New Year's resolutions! 

1) Well, I already mentioned the "no more being a slut" thing so it may as well be first. It's actually not really a problem most of the time; I haven't shagged a (relative) stranger in many, many months. But the thing here is, I don't want to shag a stranger ever again.  From now on when I get it on with someone, it's gotta mean something. Obviously this would mean I'd need to find someone, too -- but that's actually not my main focus in life right now.

2) This is actually the most important resolution: Get my book published and write at least two more. Most important because this is my future. 

3) I do want to get in shape before I move out of the OC.  That means continuing to decrease my cigarette and alcohol consumption, losing as much of the gut as I can, and actually getting in shape

4) I'd like to be independent again. Have my own place, pay all my own bills.  But it's gotta happen in such a way that it's a major upgrade, so I'm capable of not only supporting myself but also others. Which means those books I talked about are going to have to sell for a nice chunk of change. 

5) I'm going Clear this year.  This isn't going to mean anything to those of my readers who aren't Scientologists, but it's kind of a big deal and something I really should have done years ago.

2008 was a year of wrestling my life back on track.  There've been some missteps, but overall, looking back, I've made great progress on nearly every front.  

2009 is the year the plans come to fruition, the year of major changes and the actual attainment of goals.  

A friend of mine included her wishes for those close to her in her resolutions.  I don't really have anything specific along those lines, so I'll simply say that I hope everyone else's dreams come true in 2009.  

1 comment:

  1. Was this cougar the blonde chick that you walked somewhere with Carol after closing? She kissed me too! I think it was the first time a woman kissed me, so I was a bit shocked...but she was very nice...didn't use tounge though. Must have liked you more than me ;)

    ReplyDelete