Thursday, January 15, 2009

Learn to DRIVE!

Just had to take a moment for a rant, get it out of my system. 

What is UP with the freakin' drivers around here lately?  I mean, they've always sucked in various ways, but all of a sudden it's like a new law went into effect requiring four car lengths between cars on the freeway, regardless of speed. And what that means is everyone's going 45 mph on the freeway, no matter how much space they have between them and the car ahead.  

Did I miss something? Has the state speed limit been reduced?  Or maybe everyone's trying to save gas? Even though it's cheaper now than it was three, four months ago?  

Add to this the strange and frustrating tendency to match speeds with cars on either side, which makes it difficult if not impossible to get around these idiots. That's a lot to deal with in the morning before coffee, to say nothing of after work when I just wanna get home.

Ironically, the laws enacted in recent months to improve freeway performance seem to have actually made things worse.  You know people aren't supposed to be talking on their cells OR texting while driving anymore. It's the law.  You're supposed to have a bluetooth, right? My understanding was, this was meant to reduce accidents and poor driving.  Well I wonder if all of these dipshits actually are using a bluetooth and they're still driving like someone's 90-year-old senile grandmother from Florida.  

It gets worse. Some people have begun to bring their crappy freeway habits to the surface streets.  That's right: Let's have three car lengths or so on Buttfuck Blvd., and go 25 instead of 35 or 40. 

Seriously people, I understand you're all a bunch of morons on the road and always have been. I know you have to protect your precious vehicular investments or the legitimately important contents thereof.  I know money's tight and gas is only really cheap when it's the result of a visit to Taco Bell.  I get all that; I even kind of share the financial concerns and the desire to not die. 

But if you don't hurry the fuck up or get out of my way, I'll bloody kill you myself. 

[/rant] I feel better now.

3 comments:

  1. Lol...Totally! I have the same rock slam myself! Trouble, I always seem to pull in getting nailed by the cop when I speed up above the speed limit in frustration trying to pass these dumb-asses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found the cure for this dipshittiness is to simply drive a truck that is big enough to scare the shit out of people and ride their ass until they move, all while baring your teeth menacingly at them in their rearview and shaking your fist, or a clawed hand at them...

    now of course, this does not have any effect when one is driving their own Dodge Intrepid, instead of their friends Ford F-250 crew cab extended bed with the grill that looks like it wants to eat smaller vehicles...then one just has to curse, put on angry music, or find peace in deep breathing

    then, I just curse and growl at them to no avail...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh as an additiong, it is far easier to zip in and out between slow people when in my littler car though, so each has its advantage, though for a massive truck, Megans Big Bubbly handles remarkably nimbly

    ReplyDelete